Monday, May 5, 2008

Rumors, let my count the ways

“Rumor has it”, by the title I bet you can figure out the topic of my blog, rumors, but not any rumors, celebrity rumors. I decided to pick this topic because, I found it every interesting. Lately as I went about my day to day life and I noticed that a lot of people and business make a living off celebrities and their mistakes, relationship, and problems. I have learned so much about celebrities, and not just the rumors itself, I learned that they are effected by all the magazines, television specials, and pictures of them portraying a bad image. I have also learned that other celebrities feed upon it; they like to see themselves on magazines with no underwear on to sell whatever they are selling at the time. Besides the aspects of celebrities I have learned to keep up with a blog and to research and find material to write about for my audience, in a manner that I hope they can understand and relate to.

At first my blog was really pro rumors and how entertaining they were to readers like me and how humorous I found the rumors to be. I made sure I put a spin on the rumor and put in “what if” scenarios about if the rumor is true or not. However, once I got in-depth with my blog, my opinion began to change about rumors and celebrity gossip. I started to feel some compassion for these celebrities who have to walk around with disguises so you can not recognize who they are. My blog turned into a sarcastic look on paparazzi and tmz.com that records, take pictures, and writes about celebrities.

I’m really happy with the path I have chosen with this blog, and feel there is a lot I can do to improve it, one of which could be my design of the layout. Although it is good to keep it simple I would like to add some more pictures and probably a song that relates to my blog. Second I think to improve my blog, I believe I need to start advertising on some of my other websites that I am on like MySpace or Facebook.com. I would also like to improve on my writing through out this process, I have found more and more to write about and I know that this will just continue.

On a larger scale, I feel that my blog is on of few that see celebrity gossip and rumors on a different page. Yes, it is ok to report them and talk about what happened after the show, movie, video shoot, whatever; but then you are just doing what the paparazzi, magazines, and television specials do, and then you’re like everyone else. I didn’t mean to be different but that is how I came out, in a way I have changed and have a better perspective on things that I wouldn’t have if I didn’t start this blog.

Rumor has it…..Sandra just might be continuing her blog, but I guess you guys are just going to have to stay tuned.

No comments: