Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Saw Juno

Actually this is not a rumor at all, in fact it's such a fact! I saw Juno, the movie everyone is talking about, last week and I liked it. It's about this high school teenage, who gets pregnant by her friend. Instead of an abortion, she decides to give it up for adoption.
The movie has a spin to it, with the main character's humor about her mistake, but also as she gets close (in a way too close) to the husband of the married couple,she learns that he doesn't even want a child, which shows a very real situation that happens often in adoption cases.
Her friend, the father, doesn't even look like he helped her in the process! She is such a dominating force around him that he just fades away....so there is no wonder that it was her idea to have sex in the first place.
Unforunately, the person I went to see it with didn't have the same opinions about the movie. He really fell asleep next to me! It got so bad i was pushing him every ten minutes to STOP the snoring. When it was over i turned to him asked if he liked it, he said "Not worth paying for. That was straight out of lifetime."I will admit it, I was hurt, I really wanted to like it so I could talk to him about it. I guess it was just another "chick flick" to him!
I had a choice to see First Sunday, but I guess I'll catch that on dvd!

No comments: